Our Latest

damaged headlamp on a car following a crash

August is National Road Victim Month.

National Road Victim Month is held annually in August to remember people that have been killed or injured on our roads.

As a pedestrian, cyclist or motorist that has been involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

We understand that a road traffic accident can have a devastating impact on yourself and your loved ones, with injuries being both physical and psychological.

Our personal injury department is headed by solicitor, Sally Mallinson Ayres who has worked in the field of personal injury for the last 15 years and has specific expertise in handling claims arising out of road traffic accidents.

As a not-for-profit law firm, we can undertake these cases and ensure that you receive 100% of the compensation.*

In cases where your legal costs are not recoverable under the Civil Procedure Rules from your opponent, we will not charge you a penny for our services. This includes Motor Insurers Bureau claims involving uninsured and untraced drivers and criminal injury compensation claims

I have been involved in a road traffic accident, what should I do?

If you are involved in a road traffic accident, it is important that you gather as much information as possible.

If it is safe to do so, take photos of the road, surrounding area and any damage to the vehicles involved. Exchange your details with anyone involved in the accident as well as the details of any witnesses.

Contact your insurance company as soon as possible after an accident, even if you don’t want to make a claim it will be a condition of your policy to let them know.

If you think you may have a personal injury claim, arising from a road traffic accident you need to seek legal advice as soon as possible.

Do I have a RTA claim?

You can make a claim for compensation following a road traffic accident, if the accident happened within the last three years, was somebody else’s fault and caused pain and injury to you.

There may be some circumstances which allow you longer to make a claim, such as when someone has suffered a brain or head injury.

If you’re not 100% sure if you have a claim or not, you can contact us for free legal advice via email: info@shulaw.co.uk or speak to a member of our team via telephone on 0114 225 6666.

Once we have reviewed the basic details of your enquiry, one of our supervising solicitors will review it and contact you regarding the next steps. If we are not able to act for you in a case, we will try to help you find a lawyer who can.

*We may have to ask you to make an up-front payment to cover the cost of any third-party costs that we have to incur on your behalf (such as the cost of a medical report). We will then seek to recover those third-party costs from your opponent at the conclusion of the claim and reimburse you.

< Back to News