Top 10 things to consider before issuing a claim
- Have you followed the pre-action protocol?
- Do you know how and where to contact your opponent?
- What costs are involved in litigation?
- Can you afford litigation?
- What are the risks of litigation?
- What outcome are you seeking and is litigation the best way to achieve this?
- What practical steps do you need to take before issuing proceedings?
- Do you know where to issue proceedings and what forms and other documents are required to do this.
- What will you do if your opponent doesn’t respond?
- What will happen if you are unsuccessful with a claim and what are the financial implications?
If you are considering making a claim and need help and assistance please contact SHU Law on 01142256666 or email email@example.com